Monday 16 February 2015

 
I am teaching the Grade 5 to 9 learners English FAL at Morgenzon Landbou Akademie since the beginning of 2015. In the very small farming community of Morgenzon, Mpumalanga, it has only been a pleasure to have these children sharing their work in class. I had so much fun reading their poems that I thought these gems should be shared on my blog. The following poems are from the Grade 6 class and with their consent they agreed on sharing the top three poems with the world...I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Bear in mind that they are Afrikaans speaking children...

Martiens Jansen van Vuuren, ...Man

Funnyman Funnyman
Has a lot of money man
Always thinks he's smart man
Thinks he has no fright man

I wish I could understand him...

Has a lot of friends man
Very, very strong man
Sometimes very mean man

What is wrong with him?

Jan-Hendrik Zwarts, Schools

Schools, schools
I think it's for fools

No one likes it there
Just the stinky air

Learning I don't like
'cause it's better to ride my bike

At school most people are bad
and some are making me very sad

Weekends are the best
And holidays for rest

Schools, schools, schools
I still think it's for fools

Nathan Spath, Rugby

Rugby is nice
Rugby is cool
Rugby is not for a fool

Rugby is great
'Cause you play
With your mate

Rugby is passion
Not fashion

Morné Kuhn, Sticks

Sticks and stones
May break my bones
But dirt bikes do it even better

No comments:

Post a Comment